Listening to your target market is what separates organizations that grow exponentially from those that cease to exist. But listening alone doesn’t solve the entire issue. As an organization, you must engage with them on a personal level by providing the right solution at the right time. This is a very critical step to any business.
Here are some of the best practices for social media engagement…
1. Know When to Post Updates Timing is very important when it comes to posting on your Social Handles. It is always better to post, when your target audience is more likely to check for updates on their Social account.
2. Use Pictures and Videos “A picture is worth a thousand words” holds good for social media marketing. A picture is clear and precise and stands out compared to status updates or posted links. Posting a picture or a video also grasps the interest of your fans & followers
3. Organize Interesting Contests Social Engagement can also be increased by organizing contests for your customers as this rewards the loyal fans and creates a lot of excitement, thereby making your fans to visit your page more often.
4. Follow Your Followers Engagement on Social is a two-way street. As a brand, if you have got a large number of followers and you are only following a few, that displays your disinterest in what your followers have to say. Following your fans & followers back will help you create goodwill and increase your followers count as well.
5. Stop Spamming The engagement on Social is greatly affected by the frequency of posting. A constant stream of posts by an organization can sometimes get the brand unfollowed. It is not about the quantity of the posts, but the quality of the posts. A brand should also avoid repeated posting of the same content on their social handles as this may cause its followers to lose interest.
6. Always Be On The Lookout Keep an eye on the general topics that are trending around your industry even though they do not have any mention of your brand. Such conversations may be valuable and help you establish new relationships. This can help you suppress any issues before they go viral.
7. Introduce Promotions On The Go! The Secret is to engage with customers by providing them strategically designed promotions constantly and on an ongoing basis. In order to understand what the customer needs, one has to capture these engagements and interactions.
The edge that makes Social media marketing much more effective than offline methods is that the number of people you can reach is very high. Leverage this Social media to achieve your business goals because an engaged audience is one of the greatest assets that a brand can have.