It is a well established fact that a social media page or a handle about a business establishment or a product is the best way to garner the attention of the target audience. At the same time, it is also necessary to keep in place a mechanism to gauge the public sentiment, segregate the positive and the negative comments and render satisfactory response to queries.
Relevance Of Customer Support Via Social Media
Since the people have easy access to social media, they have shunned the practice of sending their queries via E-Mail or phone. As per a recent survey by Freshdesk.com, an astounding ninety four percent of the customers reach out to companies through social media pages of the companies.
Further, social media pages help in the creation of individual brand campaigners who can help in the creation of positive sentiment for the page / product.
Ways Of Providing Effective Social Media Customer Support
* Employee Training – While your employees make pervasive use of various social media networks, it can never be ascertained that they will be skilled to effectively counter the traffic/ sentiment directed towards the social media page of the company. It therefore becomes essential to impart them with specialized training on various social media tools. Skilled usage of these tools shall prove to be effective in steering the negative view to a positive sentiment within a short span of time.
* Exclusive Customer Support Channel – Having an exclusive social media page or handle that is earmarked to provide customer support will be beneficial to provide timely response to the queries raised by the customers. It is also essential to make use of social media tools to carry out a keyword search regarding the enterprise or the product.
* Easy Access To Customers – One of the best ways to ensure customer loyalty is by way of providing a social media channel to them. Alongside the routine feedback / complaint redressal medium, it is essential to seek the customers’ views on the ways and means of improving the product / services.
* Genuine Response – Making use of innovative and creative replies ensures to tone down the negative sentiment reflected by the customers’. Creating replies that depict genuine concern and empathy by the company proves to be a reassuring solution as compared to standard lines of regret by the company.
* Right Social Media Tool – Though there are several social media tools available, it is best to make use of a web based integrated platform that covers social media, customer support and interaction.
Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) are the best means of measuring the quality of customer service that is being rendered to the customers. Following are the metrics that should be considered while evaluating the KPIs for Customer Service using Social Media.
* Volume – Volume essentially refers to the various messages that are being generated on the Social Media CS page. They may be incoming messages from the customers, outbound responses from the CS team, messages pertaining to product marketing or corporate communications etc. Volume provides the benchmark for the other services.
* Average Response Time (ART) and First Response Time (FRT) – ART is the measure of the average time between all customer messages and customer support response. FRT is the measure of the passage time between the initial customer message and the initial response by the customer support.
*Handling Time – While Handling Time (HT) is the measure of the time spent by the support team over an impending customer grievance, Average Handling Time (AHT) is the time spent by the team in the processing in a given time frame. Another metric that must be considered is Total Handling Time (THT) which is measure of the total time spent by the CS team on resolving the issue.
* Sentiment – Distinctive Appraisal of the Customer Satisfaction by way of message tenor. It also includes evaluation of the conversions in customer sentiments.
* Deflection – The quantity rate of messages that were moved from social media to phone or E-Mail owing to non-resolution.